Account ExecutiveKXAN / KBVO-CA / KBVO / KNVA
Location: Austin, TX
Contact Name: Nexstar Media Group
Position/Title: Account Executive
KXAN, the #1 news station in Austin, Texas, is looking for Account Executives to join our team. We are adding entry to senior level sales leaders to our team. If you are a passionate, motivated, goal-oriented individual with positive work ethic and the desire to WIN and EXCEL to start now! This is a fast-paced sales environment with unlimited income potential. If you are looking for a great opportunity in a rewarding work environment with dynamic leadership we want to talk to you.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 4/7/2022
Closing Date: 5/7/2022
City: Austin - 78701
The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year’s experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 199 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Contact: Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Apply Online URL: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/nexstar/job/TX-Austin/Account-Executive_REQ-14925
Job Req #: 14925