Account ExecutiveKXAN / KBVO-CA / KBVO / KNVA
Location: Austin, TX
Contact Name: Nexstar Media Group
Position/Title: Account Executive
KXAN, the #1 news station in Austin, Texas, is looking for Account Executives to join our team. We are adding entry to senior level sales leaders to our team. If you are a passionate, motivated, goal-oriented individual with positive work ethic and the desire to WIN- this is the place for you. This is a fast-paced sales environment with unlimited income potential. If you are looking for a great opportunity in a rewarding work environment with dynamic leadership we want to talk to you.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/15/2021
Closing Date: 10/15/2021
City: Austin - 78701
The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year’s experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Additional Information: If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Contact: Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Apply Online URL: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/nexstar/job/TX-Austin/Account-Executive-III--Digital-Media-Sales_REQ-11767
Job Req #: 11767, 12412, 12413
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****