Studio Camera / Teleprompter OperatorKRGV-TV5
Location: Weslaco, TX
Contact Name: Elizabeth Gaona
Phone: (956) 968-5555
KRGV-TV, the ABC affiliate in the beautiful Rio Grande Valley of South Texas, is currently seeking: Studio Camera/Teleprompter Operator.
We are hiring a talented Studio Camera/Teleprompter to join our team. Applicant must have the ability to work under pressure as well as the availability to work a variety of shifts. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, KRGV is a great place to grow your career.
Studio Camera/Teleprompter Operator to run and maintain studio equipment. The operator will run studio cameras and/or teleprompter system for anchors and producers during newscasts and should have a strong background in lighting and shooting. Position includes some non-linear editing and running of video playlist software when needed.
This position is Part Time.
- This position will keep the studio equipment working properly.
- Prepare microphones for anchors, change lamps for light fixtures, as well as cleaning the studios.
- Require the ability to safely operate ladders, personnel lift and other duties as assigned.
- Review rundown with directors and producers.
- Listen and respond quickly to directions.
- Communicate via internal communication headsets with directors and producers.
- Excellent visual and eye-hand coordination
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Physical strength to carry equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to successfully setup and operate teleprompting systems including computer device controls and newsroom computer system
- Must also be familiar with FCC caption rules and be able to monitor the on-air captions during the caption process.
- Position requires the successful individual be able to work on rotating shifts, morning, evening, weekends and holiday work is required.
- Must be able to stand/sit for a prolonged period of time.
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance we want to insure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free work place.
If you are qualified for the above vacancy send resume to Elizabeth Gaona, Director of Human Resources, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.