Location: Houston, TX
Contact Name: Univision Recruiting
JOB TITLE: Anchor
LOCATION: Houston, TX (On site)
ABOUT THE ROLE & TEAM:
TelevisaUnivision Local Media Houston is looking for a passionate journalist for Morning News Anchor. This position will be responsible for anchoring our morning newscasts. This journalist should have strong writing skills, and presenting accurate, balanced news stories and anchoring for the station’s newscasts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to writing, investigating, daily newsgathering, and reporting as well as appearances at community and station events in a fast-paced, extremely competitive market
You are an enthusiastic self-starter who loves working with people, is detail oriented, and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment. You have experience anchoring broadcast news.
- Produce and edit editorial content directly to website as needed.
- Produce daily content for a variety of platforms, including TV, web, mobile etc.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner
- Write and proofread copy for accuracy prior to going on air.
- Establish a good working-relationship with newscast producers and co-anchors to ensure a well-paced, accurate and informative broadcast.
- Must be a strong and fast writer and have solid news judgment
- Attend and participate in off-site company-sponsored and community events as assigned by station management.
- Work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends, and evenings.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, Communication, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years broadcast news experience as anchor, and/or prior experience in Spanish language broadcasting
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish. Written and oral communication skills required
- Must be willing to work from office in Houston, TX
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
TelevisaUnivision believes that a happy, well-balanced employee is what makes our culture thrive. We offer a wide selection of perks and benefits including PTO; tuition reimbursement; wellness and employee support programs; 401K; and life and other insurance plans. This is all in addition to our comprehensive and competitive health benefits package featuring medical, dental and vision coverage options.
Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.