Technical Director, KXXVKXXV / Scripps Media
Location: Waco, TX
Contact Name: Terri Morelock
KXXV-TV, 25abc, is seeking a Technical Newscast Director to add to their team. This position is responsible for directing the station's newscasts from the news automated control room with a minimal amount of errors while supervising the crew. This position reports to a Production Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Assigned to daily newscasts as a director or technical director
• Works with show producers using newsroom computer system to create an integrated automated show rundown
• Directs control room crew for pre-production, studio shot planning and graphics integration
• Direct other shows, production shoots and special reports as assigned
• Assist with any studio setups including but not limited to lighting
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelors in related discipline preferred.
• 3 years experience directing LIVE newscasts and 1 year experience with production automation systems is strongly preferred.
• Must have previous multi-camera directing experience preferably in television news with control room automation.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
• Must have the ability to direct fast-pace rapidly changing productions for extended periods.
• Working knowledge of state-of-the-art video switchers and effects.
• Familiar with routers, video servers, audio consoles, robotic studio cameras, graphics systems and studio production equipment.
• Strong computer skills.
• Effective communication and people skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors.
• Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS' COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.