News AnchorAudacy Dallas
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact Name: Julia Tran
Audacy Dallas (News Radio 1080 KRLD-AM) is looking for an exceptional News Anchor for weekend and fill-in shifts. If you understand that compelling writing, great storytelling, and creative use of sound make for a great news product on-air and in the digital space, then we want to hear from you.
- Anchoring multi-hour news shifts on all news stations.
- Producing and recording news segments.
- Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news/traffic & weather content including live coverage from the field as well as the studio.
- Interviewing newsmakers.
- Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
- Development and research of potential news stories.
- Protecting the station’s FCC license.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Preferred 1+ years anchoring or reporting news for broadcast media.
- Must be computer proficient with Microsoft Outlook & Word, Burli experience is preferred and have the ability to fully utilize all the tools of broadcast and social media in the field (Twitter, Facebook, live and recorded video and audio equipment, etc.) and excellent writing skills.
- The Position requires proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews.
- Position requires contemporary sound and excellent on-air delivery.
- Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential.
- 4 year degree in journalism preferred.
- A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information or to apply, please log on the website below.