Location: Houston, TX
Contact Name: Univision Recruiting
JOB TITLE: Producer
LOCATION: Houston, TX (On site)
ABOUT THE ROLE & TEAM:
TelevisaUnivision Local Media Houston is looking for a passionate journalist for full time News Producer. In this role, you must be able to originate and develop story ideas and concepts. Research, write, and produce stories for air. Responsible for story placement, teases, graphics, writing, timing and all other editorial and production elements. Work with reporters, photographers, assignments desk, technical directors and editors in production of content. Contribute story ideas and participate actively in coverage decisions of special news programs and breaking news. Field produce coverage and performs other duties as needed and directed by News Management. You will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate stories and coverage in line with our editorial content strategy.
You are an enthusiastic self-starter who loves working with data, is detail oriented, and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment. You have some experience producing broadcast news.
- Regular Weekly or ongoing duties include plan, structure, write, and edit newscasts, or other news programming or material including but not limited to multi media properties.
- Work with reporters to conceptualize, coordinate and approve story packages to conform to station policies, practices and procedures.
- Work with Assignment Editors and newsroom managers to assign stories and monitor story coverage.
- Produce and edit editorial content directly to website as needed.
- BA/BS preferred in Journalism/Mass Communications or equivalent experience
- The ability to multitask and manage time to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- Must be highly proficient both in English and Spanish
- Must possess high ethical and journalistic standards
- Must be proficient with I-News software
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Possess solid news judgment and be a compelling and accurate writer
- Detail oriented with ability to work with tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to take feedback/criticism and improve upon skills
- Must be willing to work from office in Houston, Tx
TelevisaUnivision believes that a happy, well-balanced employee is what makes our culture thrive. We offer a wide selection of perks and benefits including PTO; tuition reimbursement; wellness and employee support programs; 401K; and life and other insurance plans. This is all in addition to our comprehensive and competitive health benefits package featuring medical, dental and vision coverage options.
Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.