P/T Video EditorKRGV-TV5
Location: Weslaco, TX
Contact Name: Elizabeth Gaona
Phone: (956) 968-5555
KRGV-TV5 in Weslaco, Texas has the following vacancy: Video Editor
We are hiring a talented Video Editor professional to join our team. Applicant must have the ability to work under pressure as well as the availability to work a variety of shifts. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, KRGV is a great place to grow your career.
This position is Part-Time
- Position will edit stories for daily newscasts.
- Operate computer editing systems and equipment used for video media and effects.
- Establish a clear understanding of the storyline and purpose of the video's creation.
- Improve video and sound quality using video software.
- Edit video to include music, interviews, sound clips and other important aspects of the project.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in film editing or related degree is preferred.
- Professional mastery of video and audio editing software and programs.
- Ability to multitask and work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously.
- Applicant must have experience with non-linear editing and videotape production and editing of news stories.
- Creative experience in News Video editing.
- Experience editing various video projects and inserting sound effects, music and transitions.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to collaborate well with other creative professionals.
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish preferred.
KRGV (ABC) is located in the warm and beautiful Rio Grande Valley of South Texas. (Harlingen - Weslaco - Brownsville - McAllen, Texas, DMA #84) Privately owned by the Manship family since 1964, KRGV offers its employees excellent benefits and use of state-of-the-art technologies. Channel 5 News is a hard news brand that drives market leading ratings in a fast growing area with significant breaking news.
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance we want to insure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free work place.
If you are qualified for the above vacancy send resume to Elizabeth Gaona, Director of Human Resources, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599 or email to email@example.com.