Location: Harlingen, TX
Contact Name: Brad Ginsberg
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that produces and distributes engaging local and national news, sports and entertainment content, including 283,000 hours of original video content each year. Nexstar owns America’s largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 U.S. markets reaching 212 million people. Nexstar’s television assets also include NewsNation, America’s fastest-growing national news and entertainment cable network reaching 75 million television homes, popular entertainment multicast networks Antenna TV and Rewind TV, and a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network. The Company’s portfolio of digital assets, including The Hill and BestReviews, are collectively a Top 10 U.S. digital news and information property with over 120 million monthly unique users as of December 31, 2021. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering. For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The News Anchor serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers.
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
- Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Edits video clips as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in news reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Superior on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Flexibility to work any shift.