Full Time Associate News ProducerMobile Video Tapes, INC
Location: Weslaco, TX
Contact Name: Elizabeth Gaona
Phone: (956) 968-5555
October 14, 2021
KRGV-TV5 in Weslaco, Texas has the following vacancy on the staff:
KRGV-TV, the ABC affiliate in the beautiful Rio Grande Valley of South Texas, is currently seeking: FULL-TIME Associate News Producer.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a passion for news to assist the Producer with writing, editing of scripts, building graphics, ensuring successful execution of live shots; the ability to work well under pressure and deadlines; will perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Duties:
- Candidate must have excellent AP style writing skills and work ethic.
- Cover all aspects of the broadcast: news writing, editorial judgment, guest booking and coordination of live shots as well as run teleprompter and may perform other reasonable related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of graphic design is a plus.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure: Production jobs have deadlines, an Associate Producer needs to be able to meet the deadline even under pressure.
- Conflict management: During production work, some conflict will arise, the Associate Producer needs to be able to manage the conflict and provide effective solutions to the issues.
- Leadership skills: Individual must be able to work with little supervision and self-initiative.
- Excellent communication skills: Must be able to communicate well with team members to ensure successful broadcast.
- Flexibility: The working schedule of an Associate Producer is not standard. In fact, the working hours are quite irregular and may often involve weekends or evenings depending on the production. As this job is time-sensitive it may also require extra hours, so flexibility is necessary for this position.
- Must have had two years of college courses in communication or related field.
- Candidate must be reliable and have good people skills as well as work any shift…including nights, weekends or overnight.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Must be able to read, write and translate into Spanish.
- This position will assist the News Producer.
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance we want to insure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free work place.
If you know of any person(s) who might be qualified for the above vacancy send resume Elizabeth Gaona, Director of Human Resources, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599 or email to email@example.com.