Maintenance EngineerHouston Public Media
Location: Houston, TX
Contact Name: Frank Castro
Phone: (713) 743-9321
Repairs and maintains broadcast studio and transmission equipment.
- Installs, sets up, operates and calibrates various analog and digital audio, video and radio frequency equipment.
- Diagnoses and repairs system technical problems and equipment failures.
- Ensures that critical equipment when returned to service meets or exceeds the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission, and the requirements of University Public Broadcasting.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment and maintains records of repairs as required by station procedures and FCC standards.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Associates and 5 years experience.
- Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation of procedures, policies and practices attainable through specific education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a basic knowledge of a professional field is required. An Associate's degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of this field.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
- Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
Additional Information / Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous Maintenance Engineering background in higher education/Public Media is a plus.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex equipment used in daily operations, including equipment associated with broadcast operations, network infrastructure, transmission facilities, production control rooms, etc.
- Responsible for keeping scheduled broadcasts running, setting up live broadcasts in the field or studio, maintaining and updating broadcasting hardware and software, and addressing broadcasting problems as they arise.
- Maintain and operate existing Radio and TV broadcast applications and systems.
- Will consider experience in lieu of education.
Note: Please include 3 professional references with your attachments.