Integrated Sales ManagerCox Media Group Houston
Location: Houston, TX
Contact Name: Linda Lynn
At Cox Media Group (CMG), our team consists of top talent and high performers. We are united in the approach of competing with our products and winning with our people.
The successful candidate for the Integrated Sales Manager (ISM) will have exemplary skills to inspire, coach, and influence others. The ISM will lead the advertising sales department and support other sales leaders. They are together developing creative advertising campaigns that can be executed seamlessly across multiple media platforms. In turn creating success for our customers, business results.
Effective October 1, 2021, all newly hired CMG employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. CMG will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Reporting to the Director of Sales (DOS), the ISM, will have a significant focus on consumer insights, market research, trends, and specific client challenges. Ensure advertising campaigns are custom designed and provide a sufficient return on investment for clients. The ISM will lead client meetings, sales meetings, market events, including the development of advertising seminars and b2b marketing strategies. While most of their attention will be working with the advertising sales team and advertisers, the ISM will partner with the Local Programming team. They are together developing effective marketing campaigns for our top-rated radio stations. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading integrated campaign development, collaboration skills, a strong work ethic, a proven management background, and experience with multiple media platforms. Successful background in recruitment and management of talented account executives is preferred.
• Coach, lead, and inspire the sales team to surpass business goals.
• Integrated Marketing and Sales Advocate.
• Establish and execute a revenue strategy that maximizes our assets and revenue potential.
• Achieve revenue goals through the development and supervision of the CMG sales team.
• Develop advertising campaigns designed around advertiser needs and objectives executed across multiple media platforms.
• Develop strategy, design, and activation plan of advertiser events and promotions.
• Responsible for leading seamless collaboration with the sales and programming teams to ensure the market achieves optimal audience engagement and advertiser results.
• Exercise independent judgment to allocate resources to programs that are likely to yield the best results.
• Partner with Program Directors in the development and implementation of external and internal marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities.
• Lead the creative process, brainstorming, and design of campaigns.
• Develop insights and strategies through consumer research.
• Drive critical thinking on brand and product strategy.
• Drive new business development on all platforms.
• Develop action plans to ensure the flawless execution of campaigns and events.
• Must be profit-oriented and can develop advertising campaigns that drive revenue while driving return on investment for advertising.
• Active participation in the field, attending client meetings with the advertising sales team.
• Must be a strong leader and possess excellent collaboration skills to ensure effective partnerships with peers while reporting to the DOS.
• Partner with Sales Managers, Program Directors, and Promotion Managers to develop major radio station concerts and events.
• Recruit, train, and manage media consultants.
• Oversee our Digital Sales Director and our Digital revenue strategies to achieve our revenue goals and budgets.
• Lead and utilize consumer research to develop innovative advertiser initiatives.
• Utilize digital analytics and research to increase audience engagement and radio station ratings.
• Responsible for overseeing b2b collateral design.
• Be an in-field coach and selling partner.
• Station Format and Radio Advocate.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
• Bachelor's degree preferred, equivalent work experience, and abilities considered.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years leading a team in at least one of the following areas: marketing, advertising agency, digital media, or media sales.
• Proven track record of developing unique advertising campaigns and promotions for advertisers across radio formats, multiple media, digital, and social media platforms.
• Must have a strong track record of developing strategic priorities, action plans, and a track record of achieving results.
• Proven understanding of the competitive media landscape.
• Highly successful at leading collaboration and leading cross-departmental process.
• Proven success in creating integrated marketing concepts and campaigns across multiple media platforms.
• Experienced problem solver; brainstorm and marketing strategy facilitation a plus.
• Strong relationship and networking skills are a must.
If interested, please visit: https://cmg.jobs.net/en-US/job/mgr-integrated-sales/J3V7KJ6RCLV13WR7D6R
Cox Media Group, Inc. (CMG) is an industry-leading media company with dominant brands, award-winning content, and exceptional people. CMG provides valuable local content to viewers in the communities in which it serves. The company's operations primarily include 65 radio stations delivering all genres of content in 11 markets,33 high-quality, market-leading television stations in 20 markets, and numerous streaming and digital platforms. CMG's portfolio includes primary affiliates of ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and MyNetworkTV, as well as several valuable news and independent stations. Additionally, the company also offers a full suite of national, regional, local and digital advertising services with CMG Local Solutions, Cox Reps and Gamut.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.