Full Time Master Control - Audio OperatorMobile Video Tapes, INC
Location: Weslaco, TX
Contact Name: Elizabeth Gaona
Phone: (956) 968-5555
September 30, 2021
KRGV-TV5 in Weslaco, Texas has the following vacancy on the staff:
KRGV-TV, the ABC affiliate in the beautiful Rio Grande Valley of South Texas, is currently seeking: Full- Time Master Control - Audio Operator.
We are hiring a Master Control – Audio Operator to join our team. Applicant must have the ability to work under pressure as well as the availability to work a variety of shifts. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, KRGV is a great place to grow your career.
Duties will include operation and maintenance of broadcast equipment and satellite earth-station controllers and receivers, video servers, ENG receive systems, routing systems, audio mixing consoles, camera video control panels and master control switchers. Also, programming and loading spot playback systems, transferring commercial and program content from various sources, and maintaining documentation of content, in coordination with other departments.
Additional duties will include audio mixing for newscasts and other production, review and quality control of recorded material, switching of on-air programming, monitoring and logging of transmitter status, video and audio set-up and operation for live remote broadcasting, and other related duties as directed by the Production Manager. Working hours will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of broadcast video and audio systems, experience with video tape and servers, C-band and KU-band satellite receive systems, and computer operation, including familiarity with Window operating systems.
- Basic electronic troubleshooting knowledge and experience with post-production video editing, on-air switching, and live production audio is a plus.
- Review rundown with directors and producers.
- Listen and respond quickly to directions.
- Communicate via internal communication headsets with directors and producers.
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Physical strength to carry equipment
- Must also be familiar with FCC caption rules and be able to monitor the on-air captions during the caption process.
- Position requires the successful individual be able to work on rotating shifts, morning, evening, weekends and holiday work is required.
- Must be able to stand/sit for a prolonged period of time.
- Bi-lingual is preferred.
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance we want to insure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free work place.
If you are qualified for the above vacancy send resume to Elizabeth Gaona, Director of Human Resources, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.