Engineering TechnicianSalem Media Group
Location: Irving, TX
Contact Name: Kelly Trentham
Open: September 22, 2021
Salem Media Group, Dallas TX, has an opportunity for a Radio Broadcast Engineer in our local facilities located near DFW airport. We serve Christian and Conservative audiences with two full-power FM, two directional AMs, and its accompanying FM translators.
- The primary focus will be on studio maintenance and configuration, in particular digital broadcast media, including stream generation equipment, handling of satellite programming distribution, FTP distribution, and associated processes. However, a general knowledge of all typical aspects of broadcast engineering will be advantageous.
- Handle installation, maintenance and legal operation of all audio, electronic and broadcast transmit equipment spread between four sites in the local area.
- Assisting in monitoring the overall technical operation of said stations to ensure compliance with FCC, Federal, EPA, OSHA, State and local regulations.
- Assisting with maintenance, or arrange/coordinate maintenance on the office, studio and transmitter facilities
- Instruct and assist operators in the proper operation of station broadcast equipment, FCC procedures and requirements such as NRSC, tower lighting and condition, field strength, as well as any computer equipment necessary to operators to perform these functions.
- Interface and show willingness to assist fellow workers and department heads to support and advance the company’s mission and success
- Working with other departments to set up and oversee live remote broadcasts as needed where electronic equipment is involved.
- Help determine the needs of the Dallas facility for equipment.
- Help maintain FCC required weekly and quarterly reports including EAS files, along with other applicable technical reports.
- Responsible for but not limited to Analog, T1, Internet, digital, VoIP phone circuits, Point to Point information highways, TCP/IP and SAS audio consoles
- Participate in site maintenance for building site repairs, diesel generator maintenance, HVAC, land condition maintenance.
- This position is round-the-clock, regarding equipment problems or outages using smartphone technology or may require off-hours driving in company vehicle
- This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering in the Dallas office
- Responsible for following all Salem policies and procedures
Qualifications for this position:
- High power FM and medium power AM directional experience, with an understanding of AM arrays, transmission line theory and practice, and RF propagation
- 5 or more years broadcast experience
- Associates degree in electrical technology, or an SBE (or equivalent) certification or relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record
- This can be physically demanding. Standing, crawling, tight spaces, climbing stairs and ladders. Expect to lift materials and equipment weighing about 60 pounds by yourself or with assistance
- Basic knowledge of Windows, CURL and other software and networking a plus
- Fluent in audio automation systems such as WideOrbit broadcast software a big help
- Familiarity with Continental and Nautel transmitters a distinct advantage
Visit salemmedia.com and click on Careers to apply. Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.