Location: Fort Worth, TX
Contact Name: Geoff Petrulis
CBS Dallas is seeking a multifaceted experienced digital journalist for CBS DFW. This position requires a depth of understanding, dedication to the process and ethics of journalism. Do you take pride in the details and thrive in the world of writing, proofing and editing? As a dedicated creative, you are hardworking and strive to captivate an audience while bringing cohesive content to the digital news space.
- Generate and upload breaking news, sports, and entertainment content including audio/video content as well as AP style written content.
- Build Photoshop graphic content for the web and improve website traffic and user activity.
- Research and strive for industry standards in news digital media, including online trends, new web and marketing programs.
- Superb writing and proofing skills.
- Post on line editorial content on web and social media platforms that is creative, concise and engages with our audience.
- Attention to the details while working well under pressure to meet fast paced deadlines.
- 2+ years of experience working with web-based programs and social media programs is required.
- Experience in broadcast, print, or internet editing/writing a plus.
- Ability to write teases, stories and headlines for Broadcast is a PLUS!
- Experience with broadcast rundown and editing software in addition to WordPress experience is helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills and possess the ability to multitask.
ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.