Meteorologist / ReporterNexstar Media Group, Inc.
Location: Odessa, TX
Contact Name: Terry Wood
Phone: (432) 563-2222
The Meteorologist will produce and anchor weather casts and can handle continuous severe weather coverage.
- Forecasts and prepares weather products across all platforms, including digital.
- Ensures that all weather/news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers weather/news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
- Ability to shoot pictures and edit stories from beginning to end.
- Winning candidate will be posting on the web and social media.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Entry level to 2 years’ experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred.
- Must be able to shoot video and perform non-linear editing. Ability to write story from beginning to end. Knowledge of Inews helpful.
- Proficiency with Barron’s Radar is helpful.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of the field of Meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled