- General Information
- Hotel Information
- Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Trade Show
- Seminars & Speakers
- Golf Tournament
- Media Information
- When will nominations be open for TAB’s awards?
Nominations will open in early 2014.
- What is the deadline to nominate someone for an award?
Individual award nominations are due May 2, 2014.
Bonner McLane award entries are due TBD.
- Where can I find a list of award categories?
A list of TAB’s award categories is available on our awards page.
- Can I nominate someone for more than one award?
Yes. Please submit a separate nomination packet for each nominee.
- Who are some of the previous award winners?
A full list of former award winners is available here.
- How is the TAB Convention put together?
TAB staff members work with the Convention Committee to plan the convention and promote it to broadcasters in Texas and across the nation. TAB staff is mainly responsible for selling exhibit booths, sponsorships and advertising, as well as marketing and managing registration.
- Who is on the TAB Convention Committee?
The Convention Committee is comprised of volunteer members from the TAB Board of Directors. View a list of current committee members here. The committee is lead by radio and television chairs, along with an engineering conference chair.
- What are the dates and location of the 2014 Convention & Trade Show?
August 6-7, 2014 at the Renaissance Austin Hotel
- What is the convention schedule?
Convention events start on Wednesday morning and run through the evening on Thursday. Click here for a full, updated schedule.
- Where can I get the most up-to-date schedule of events for the convention?
- Who should attend?
- Radio and Television station staff members, including:
- Account Executives
- Chief Engineers
- General Managers
- General Sales Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- Technical Managers
- Representatives from TAB Associate Member Firms
- Retired/Pioneer Broadcasters
- SBE Members
- Audio/Video technicians
- Do I have to be a TAB member to attend?
No. Please call TAB at (512) 322-9944 for rates.
- My firm is not a member. Can I still attend?
Of course! However, joining TAB will offer you the best rates. Please call TAB at (512) 322-9944 for more information.
- What is the attire?
Golf Tournament: Sport Casual. No t-shirts or jean shorts. Be prepared – it’s HOT in August in Austin.
Opening Reception: Business Casual to Business
Pioneer Club Banquet: Business Semi-Formal
Throughout the Convention: Business Casual to Business
President’s Reception & Awards Gala: Business Semi-Formal
- What are the dates and locations of future Conventions & Trade Shows?
- May I bring my spouse and children into the exhibit hall?
You may purchase a registration for your spouse or guest. Children under the age of 16 are not typically allowed into the hall. Contact TAB at (512) 322-9944 for more information.
- Can I hold a meeting of my own at the convention?
- What are the registration packages, fees and restrictions?
- How can I register for convention?
- Can I register day of convention?
You must register on-site after August 1.
- Can my spouse attend the annual convention?
Yes, but they must accompany a full registration. Please go to the registration page for details on spouse registration.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
Advanced payment is required in the form of credit or check. TAB accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and checks.
- How can I cancel my convention registration? Is registration refundable?
Cancellations must be received in writing.
There will be a $25 cancellation fee after 7/5/14 and no refunds after 7/25/14.
- I have registered for the convention, but unexpectedly will not be able to attend! Can I send someone in my place? How would I go about making this substitution?
Yes. Contact TAB’s Teresa McAnally or call (512) 322-9944 as soon as possible to make the substitution.
- What should I do if I have already registered but never received a confirmation?
Contact TAB’s Teresa McAnally or call (512) 322-9944 as soon as possible to make sure you are registered.
- How do I find out if someone has registered for the convention?
Sponsors and exhibitors will receive lists of all attendees post-convention.
- Where will I be able to locate the Registration Desk at the Renaissance Austin Hotel?
The TAB Registration Desk will be on the ground floor level of the Renaissance Austin. Come in the main doors, walk straight through the lobby and down the marble staircase.
- When will the registration desk open?
Registration hours: Wed., Aug. 6 from noon to 6:30 pm; Thurs., Aug. 7 from 7 am to 7 pm
- Will you be checking identification at the door of the exhibit hall?
Yes. Everyone must be wearing an official TAB badge to enter the exhibit hall and all TAB convention events.
- How do I get my name badge?
Check in at the TAB Registration Desk. Badges will not be mailed in advance.
- What if I need to make a correction on my name badge?
Contact TAB’s Teresa McAnally or call (512) 322-9944 as soon as you notice there’s a mistake on your badge. On site, just ask one of the TAB staff at the Registration Desk to reprint your badge.
- What if I lose my badge at the convention?
Just ask one of the friendly TAB staff members at the Registration Desk to reprint your badge.
- What is the host hotel?
Where can I find driving directions to the Renaissance Austin Hotel?
Directions to the Renaissance Austin Hotel can be found here.
- How do I make hotel arrangements? Is there a TAB group rate?
Call the Renaissance directly at (512) 343-2626 and request the TAB Group Rate of $164/night + tax (single/double).
- Does TAB offer a group rate at any hotels other than the Renaissance Austin?
- Will shuttle service be available?
This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
The Airport Super Shuttle runs every 10-15 minutes outside of baggage claim at the airport. (One-way $17; Round-trip $30)
- What is the handicapped parking availability?
Garage: 0 spaces
Lot: 8-10 spaces
If all handicapped spaces are occupied in the lot, those drivers can valet for free. They will receive a handicapped comp ticket at the valet stand.
Sponsors & Exhibitors
- What are the benefits of being a sponsor and/or exhibitor?
Benefits include complimentary TAB memberships, multiple full convention registrations, extensive signage, golf tournament passes, pre- and post-convention publicity, ads in the TABulletin and TAB Convention Program, promotion on www.tab.org and much more!
- What are the sponsorship prices?
Sponsorships range from $1,500-$6,000, depending on desired benefits.
- What is the cost of Trade Show booth space?
Booth prices start at $1,100 for TAB members and increase depending on level of Associate Membership. Non-member rates start at $1,750/booth – it’s a much better deal to join TAB!
- How can I become a sponsor or exhibitor?
- Do Associate Members receive special rates to sponsor and/or exhibit?
Associate Members receive significant discounts on booth space, convention registrations and advertising. Additionally, they receive priority choice of any available sponsorship opportunities.
- Who is eligible to receive priority booth assignments?
Previous year Sponsors & Exhibitors receive priority booth assignments for the first three weeks they are on sale. After that time, booths are sold on a first-come, first served basis. Book early for this great opportunity!
- What is included in the exhibit booth?
Each exhibit booth typically includes carpet, pipe & drape, one 6’ skirted table, one chair, company sign, one convention registration & free Trade Show passes for clients.
- If I am an exhibitor, when can I start set-up?
Exhibitor Move-In: Wednesday, Aug 6 from noon-6:30 pm
Exhibitor Move-Out: Thursday, Aug. 7 from 5-11 pm
- Where can I find an updated list of sponsors and exhibitors?
- Where can I find an exhibit hall map?
- When will the trade show be held?
Trade show will be held on Thursday, Aug. 7 from 9 am-5 pm in the Renaissance Austin Hotel’s Rio Grande Exhibit Hall.
- Does the registration fee include the Trade Show?
Yes. Entrance to the Trade Show is included in all registration packages. You must check-in at the TAB registration desk and get your badge before entering the Trade Show.
- What if I only want to attend the Trade Show?
When choosing a package on the registration form, you can select ‘Trade Show ONLY’ pass. This does NOT include any sessions or special events.
Seminars & Speakers
- Where can I find a list of seminar topics and speakers?
A full convention schedule is available here. The schedule is subject to change, so check back often.
- I am speaking at convention; may I provide audio CD-ROMs, DVDs or videotapes for sale?
Unless you are an official Trade Show exhibitor, all items for sale must be cleared in advance with TAB. Please contact TAB’s Oscar Rodriguez or call (512) 322-9944.
- I am interested in presenting at your convention, how can I become a speaker?
Please e-mail TAB’s Oscar Rodriguez a session summary, list of references and cost estimate.
- Will there be audio CD-ROM, DVD and videotape sales?
- When and where is the 2014 TAB Golf Tournament?
Golf Tournament will be held August 6 from 8 am to 2 pm> Location TBD
- How do I register for the tournament?
You will have an option to register for the golf tournament on the convention registration form.
- Will transportation be provided to the golf course?
No, transporation will not be provided.
- How can I pick my golf team?
Golfers will play in teams of four. You have the option to list three people you would like to play with on the convention registration form. Otherwise, we’ll be happy to pair you with some other players!
- As a member of the media, who should I contact with my questions?
Contact TAB’s Sydney Haisler or call (512) 322-9944.
Don’t see your question on the list?
Submit your question to TAB