Bonner McLane Public Service Awards
Nominations now open!
Deadline: May 1, 2017
About the Awards
The Texas Association of Broadcasters created the Bonner McLane Public Service Awards to recognize television and radio stations’ outstanding contributions and service to their local communities - including news coverage.
Stations nominate themselves in their respective market categories. Six awards are presented each year. Entries are open to TAB Member Stations ONLY.
Each winning station receives a $500 voucher to offset registration fees for TAB programs. Vouchers cannot be used to offset membership dues or ABIP fees.
Entries are judged by a committee of former broadcasters and the TAB President or his designee.
Awards will be presented at the 2017 TAB Convention & Trade Show, Aug. 9-10 at the Renaissance Austin Hotel.
Submissions should focus on efforts addressing one significant local need or concern between May 1, 2016 and April 30, 2017.
Stations cannot submit the same project if they won with that project the previous year.
Elements that will contribute to a successful submission include:
- Summary of the efforts your station(s) undertook, including an explanation of the need and an assessment of how the station(s) succeeded in addressing that need. Include the value or amount of airtime, staff time and other resources the station dedicated to the project.
- Pictures, audio coverage or video of the project in planning and/or execution phase (not to exceed 5 minutes)
- Coverage of station(s) effort by other media
- Letters of appreciation from the community
Submissions should not include:
- Printed invoices of PSA airtime
- Events that are more station promotion than service to the community
|2016 Bonner McLane Public Service Award Winners|
|Large Television||KVUE-TV Austin|
|Medium Television||KWTX-TV Waco-Temple-Killeen|
|Large Radio||KFMK-FM Austin
KLUV-FM Dallas-Fort Worth
|Medium Radio||KYKX-FM Tyler-Longview|
|Small Radio||KJAS-FM Jasper|
Questions? Contact TAB or call (512) 322-9944.