TAB Board of Directors Ballot
You should have received an email from TAB President Oscar Rodriguez on June 25 with the final ballot for TAB's 2018-2019 Board of Directors.
- Votes must submitted electronically to Oscar Rodriguez by Monday, July 23
- The results will be announced at the Business Meeting on Thursday, Aug. 2 at 1:15 pm at the JW Marriott Downtown Austin
- The meeting will be held as part of TAB's 65th Annual Convention & Trade Show.
Following are bios of each nominee (sorted by market category).
- Large Radio (2 seats)
- Medium Radio (1 seat)
- Small Radio (2 seats)
- Large TV (1 open seat)
- Other TV (1 open seat)
- At-Large TV (1 open seat)
- Non-Commercial (1 seat)
- Golden Mic Club (1 open seat)
- Associate Member (1 open seat)
Questions? Email TAB's Oscar Rodriguez or call (512) 322-9944.
Ben Reed, Cox Media Group San Antonio
Large Radio-Place 3 (3 year term)
Christine Escobar, Univision Austin
John Moesch, KQRX/KHKX/KMCM Odessa-Midland
Ronnie Glover, Townsquare Media Victoria
Small Radio-Place 4 (3 year term)
Rex Tackett, KXYL-AM/KQBZ-FM Brownwood & KSTA-AM/KXYL-FM Coleman
Phil Lane, KSAT-TV San Antonio
David Loving, KXLN/KFTH-TV Houston
Dan Jackson, KCBD-TV Lubbock
Luis Villarreal, KGNS-TV Laredo
Brent McClure, KFDA-TV Amarillo
Brad Moran, Ramar Communications Lubbock
Jerrod Knight, KETR-FM Commerce
Roger Allen, Cox Media Group San Antonio
- In Radio for 36+ years
- Current PD for KONO-AM-FM San Antonio
- Inducted into the San Antonio Radio Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 2017
John Butler, KWJB-AM/FM Canton
- Owner of KWJB - THE BEE, 95.1 FM & 1510 AM, Canton, TX
- President of Butler7media, LLC, Dallas, TX
- Hired for first job in broadcasting at 16 by legendary broadcasters Frank Fallon and Buddy Bostick - KWTX radio & TV, Waco, TX, first as sports & remote church engineer, then on-air radio DJ and television news reporter, two prime-time documentaries and hosted weekly interview show.
- Past on-air talent at KLIF under legendary Gordon McLendon’s ownership; KVUE TV and KTVV TV news/weather in Austin, TX; KRYS radio drive-time DJ in Corpus Christi, TX.
- Voice imaging for PAMS and TM Productions, and numerous national and local commercials.
- Education: Graduate of the University of Texas in Austin, With Honors; Masters from Southern Methodist University.
- Community service includes over 2,000 hours given to help cancer patients in honor of his wife who died of cancer. He has also recorded books for the sight-impaired and disabled, serves on Dallas County Emergency Response Team, past East Dallas Chamber of Commerce Board of Director’s, past Religious Heritage of America Awards Co-Chairman with Dr. Ken Cooper, and involved in many other charitable and civic causes over the years.
- Member of the Texas Broadcasters Association, National Broadcasters Association, Golden Mic Club/Texas Pioneer Broadcasters, Texas Radio Hall of Fame Life Member, Charter Member Texas Museum of Broadcasting & Communications.
Mike Wenglar, KULP-FM El Campo
- President/CEO of Wharton County Radio (KULP-AM) in El Campo.
- Began his broadcast career while attending El Campo High School and constructed his own “pirate” AM station was on the air with “rock and roll” for two years
- In 1962, hired by KULP as an announcer and engineer; along with being a staff member of the El Campo Leader as a news photographer
- In the 70’s Wenglar worked part-time for Williams Associates, a broadcast RF testing and integration company; where he performed studio and transmitter installations, drafting and RF measurement, along with other technical tasks
- In 1971 he joined KVUE, where he became the Chief Engineer for 45 years; also served there taking care of the facilities, station historian and staff photographer
- He served for many years as the TAB photographer for Convention, along with other TAB needs
- Wenglar is a member of the SBE, IEEE, SMPTE and the International Facility Managers Association (IFMA)
Dirk Johnston, NBC-Universal Television Distribution
- Vice President of the Southwest Region for NBC Universal
- In 1994, he joined Sony Pictures Entertainment and spent 12 years as its Senior Vice President Syndication
- In 2007, he joined NBC Universal and has served them for 10 years now as Vice President Syndication.
- A strong proponent of the TAB – in 1999, he joined with other syndication representatives to start the TAB’s annual golf tournament. In 2010, he was the recipient of TAB’s Associate of the Year Award.
Steve Orr, Disney-ABC Home Entertainment & Television
Stan Wagnon, Lubbock Audio Visual